Source Health Economics is a growing HEOR consultancy specialising in systematic review, value communication, health economics, statistics, and health technology assessment. Since we were founded in 2016, we have achieved our planned year-on-year growth, allowing many opportunities for personal development.
At Source, we have a technically-excellent, supportive, and friendly team, and pride ourselves on our inclusive and collaborative culture. Our core values are excellence, balance, and growth. We strive to:
- Deliver excellence for our clients and patients, whilst
- Preserving a good work-life balance and supporting employee well-being, and
- Providing opportunities for growth for our employees.
We recruit some of the brightest minds and invest in your professional development.
Why work with us?
Source is a fun, personable company, where our technical teams work closely with each other, enabling us all to learn from some of the best minds in the business. We value our employees, and all employees are encouraged to voice their ideas and contribute to business initiatives, regardless of seniority. Source prides itself on its commitment to employee welfare, as evidenced by our high employee retention.
We have open-plan offices in Oxford and London, with hybrid working. Our contractual working hours are 37.5 hours per week, with flexible start and finish times around our core company hours of 10 am to 4 pm.
Alongside an opportunity to actively contribute to a growing company, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays, option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave, discretionary Christmas bonus scheme, opt-in employee health insurance, employee life assurance, income protection, cycle to work scheme, and above-average employer pension contributions.
Consultant Health Economists are experts in the design, development and communication of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models, act as the technical lead on projects and will provide strategic advice to clients. Consultant Health Economists can begin to line manage more junior health economists and will also start to identify new project opportunities and develop proposals.
Health economists need to be highly numerate and possess analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They should have an eye for detail, and within a consultancy, the health economist should have excellent time-management and communication skills. A Consultant Health Economists learn to mentor and manage other staff, they must be pro-active, self-motivated, and open to feedback.
You will be required to:
- Provide direction and quality control on research, data collection and referencing
- Provides technical and strategic direction and quality control on development of cost-effectiveness model specifications
- Build and adapt cost-effectiveness models in a wide range of clinical areas
- Propose solutions as challenges arise on model development
- Validate cost-effectiveness models
- Advise, plan, and perform a wide range of statistical analyses
- Provide direction, QC, and strategic advice on technical reporting
- Lead client communication and presentation with authority
- Lead on client strategy
- Manage projects of any complexity, prepare and raise invoices and be responsible for delivering projects within budget
- Line manage one to two direct reports and contribute to recruitment (short-listing, interview and selection)
- Identify follow on project opportunities, contribute to and write proposals, contribute to and lead some pitch presentations
- Prepare blogs and deliver webinars
You will need:
- MSc Economic Evaluation in Healthcare or equivalent
- A high-level of numeracy
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Technical expert in modelling and statistical methods for economic evaluation
- Hands on developing model specifications, models and technical reports as well as providing guidance to juniors.
- Knowledgeable in UK HTA process, requirements, and preferences
- Ability to communicate with authority and advise clients
How to apply
For an opportunity to join us, please send your CV to [email protected]. An informal chat can be arranged with Alec Miners, Head of Health Economics.
Come and join us at Source and see what you can achieve!
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our teams and encourage applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, or physical attributes.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that all our employees have the right to work in the UK. If we make an offer of employment, we will need to check that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start.
Successful candidates might be subject to background checks.
Source is part of Sciris. Sciris specialises in bespoke programmes in health economics and outcomes research, healthcare communication, creative and brand strategy, medical compliance, insights, and insights.