Source Health Economics is a growing HEOR consultancy specialising in value communication, health economics, systematic review, statistics, and health technology assessment. Since we were founded in 2016, we have achieved our planned year-on-year growth, allowing many opportunities for personal development.
At Source, we have a technically-excellent, supportive, and friendly team, and pride ourselves on our inclusive and collaborative culture. Our core values are excellence, balance, and growth. We strive to:
- Deliver excellence for our clients and patients, whilst
- Preserving a good work-life balance and supporting employee well-being, and
- Providing opportunities for growth for our employees.
We recruit some of the brightest minds and invest in your professional development.
Why work with us?
Source is a fun, personable company, where our technical teams work closely with each other, enabling us all to learn from some of the best minds in the business. We value our employees, and all employees are encouraged to voice their ideas and contribute to business initiatives, regardless of seniority. Source prides itself on its commitment to employee welfare, as evidenced by our high employee retention.
We have open-plan offices in Oxford and central London, with hybrid working. Our contractual working hours are 37.5 hours per week, with flexible start and finish times around our core company hours of 10 am to 4 pm.
Alongside an opportunity to actively contribute to a growing company, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays, option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave, discretionary Christmas bonus scheme, opt-in employee health insurance, employee life insurance, cycle to work scheme, and above-average employer pension contributions.
Our market access and value communication team
Our close-knit writing team comprises seven writers, all of whom work on different disease areas and project types to keep the working day interesting. Our team has experience of projects in oncology, diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, meningitis, overactive bladder, haematology, nutrition, wound care, inflammatory diseases, degenerative disorders, and rare diseases. We work on health technology assessment (HTA) submission dossiers to reimbursement agencies around the globe, and value communication materials such as global value dossiers, value stories, and payer-facing materials.
Across the team we offer opportunities for project management and line management (with additional training provided if needed). There are also opportunities for writers to be involved with non-project work to support business development and internal process needs.
Every writer at Source is highly valued, and we recognise that individual efforts have a considerable impact on the business’s success.
As a Principal Medical Writer you will be in a client-facing role and work closely and collaboratively with the project managers, and health economics, systematic review, and statistics teams to deliver high-quality evidence-based solutions for our clients.
You will be required to:
- Manage own workload, and plan project deliverables and timelines
- Work with junior writers to deliver high-quality HTA submissions and value communication materials
- Ensure all client deliverables and internal documents are of a high-quality through proof-reading and editing of own and others’ work
- Be proactive, and communicate clearly with colleagues across the technical teams
- Take ownership of initiatives that enable the effective running of the writing team
- Inspire and advise junior writers
- Line manage associate medical writers/medical writers/senior medical writers (to a maximum of five)
- Lead on company initiatives such as working groups, company-wide training, and social activities.
You will need:
- A PhD in a life sciences subject
- Clear and effective communication style (written and verbal)
- HTA and value communication writing experience in a consultancy environment – either at senior writer level and ready to step up to a principal writer, or as an existing principal writer
- A good understanding of consultancy and how to apply this to your work.
We welcome applications from medical writers with any disease background experience.
How to apply
For an opportunity to join us, please send your CV to Deb Burford, Head of Medical Writing at email@example.com.
Come and join us at Source and see what you can achieve!
NOTE: CVs from recruiters cannot be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs from recruiters on our preferred supplier list need to be sent to email@example.com. Recruiters interested in becoming a preferred supplier need to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our teams and encourage applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, or physical attributes.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that all our employees have the right to work in the UK. If we make an offer of employment, we will need to check that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start.
Successful candidates might be subject to background checks.
Source is part of Sciris. Sciris specialises in bespoke programmes in health economics and outcomes research, healthcare communication, creative and brand strategy, medical compliance, insights, and insights.